Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Running Essentials Part One

As a new runner or even experienced runners, it's important to think about the essential items that will help you through those miles.

I'll start with what I think is the most important - SHOES!


There are my favorite shoes - aren't they a beauty? These shoes are Brooks Ghost 2.

When looking for the perfect fit, take into consideration the arch of your foot.

Do you have flat, high arched, or normal-neutral feet?

Runners with flat feet should look for a "motion control" shoe.

If you have a high arch - you would benefit from a "cushioned" shoe.

Finally, if you have a normal, or neutral arch - look for a "stability" type of shoe.

Before I started training for my race last year, I had NO clue as to how much thought comes into finding the perfect pair of running shoes. I was able to go to my local sports apparel store and they custom fit my foot - turns out I'm an underpronator! I bet if you go to yours and ask, they would be more than happy to help you find the perfect shoe - they want a sale after all right?

What brand are your favorite running shoes?

What do you think is essential to your running? Let me know and I'll feature it as a blog topic! 

-RLTW

No comments:

Post a Comment